The Data Warehouse connector for SFTP automatically syncs the data in your Funnel account to a server using SSH File Transfer Protocol.
You choose formats, data to export and schedule like other exports.
You need to have an SFTP server that external services can access. Check with your IT provider so that you have:
- hostname and port
- username/password created that allows adding files.
- path to put files under and what filenames to use.
Note that these credentials should be unique to this export and not allow access to other resources.
NOTE: Funnel's SFTP traffic comes from IP Address: 220.127.116.11
To further increase security you can also require public-key authentication using the following key:
ssh-rsa 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 funnel
Below are some error messages that can occur:
- "getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND" means that the host name is not known, check the host name and that it is a name or IP that is accessible from internet.
- "no matching client->server cipher" typically means that the server implementation is old. Our services uses the current recommended ciphers https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4344#section-4 . See below for more on this.
- "Unable to contact server" typically indicates that Funnel could not connect to the SFTP server. If using IP security in a firewall ensure that AWS can access the server. Ee are on
ELBservice for now and the current details are on https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-ip-ranges.html
How to check if your server supports Funnel's SFTP exports
Funnel's SFTP export supports the following ciphers:
aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr, aes128-gcm, email@example.com, aes256-gcm, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are running OS X or Linux you can find out if your server supports a certain cipher by typing
sftp -v -c aes128-ctr your.sftp.server
into a terminal window. If you see something like
Unable to negotiate with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. port 22: no matching cipher found.
Their offer: twofish256-cbc,twofish-cbc,twofish128-cbc,blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc,arcfour,cast128-cbc,aes256-cbc,aes128-cbc
Then the SFTP server does not support the requested cipher. This will also tell you which ciphers the server does support.