This article describes how Facebook Ads non-aggregatable metrics work in Funnel. Click here to learn more about non-aggregatable metrics in general.
This report currently gets you three metrics in its simplest form: Reach, Frequency and Unique clicks (all).
Note: All three metrics are estimated and based on sampled data.
The number of people who saw your ads at least once. Reach is different from impressions, which may include multiple views of your ads by the same people.
Reach gives you a measure of how many people were exposed to your message during an ad campaign. People may not always click on your ads, but they may be more likely to engage with your business when they see your message. Your reach can be affected by your bid, budget and audience targeting.
The average number of times each person saw your ad.
Frequency helps to build awareness and recall by showing your message to people in your target audience multiple times. Frequency may average 1 to 2 per ad set or may be much higher, depending on your budget, audience size and schedule.
Unique clicks (all)
The number of people who performed a click (all).
The metric counts multiple types of clicks on your ad, including certain types of interactions with the ad container, links to other destinations, and links to expanded ad experiences. It includes:
- Link clicks
- Clicks to the associated business Page profile or profile picture
- Post reactions (such as likes or loves)
- Comments or shares
- Clicks to expand media (such as photos) to full screen
- Clicks to take actions identified as your campaign objective (such as liking your Page for a Page engagement campaign)
You also have the option of downloading a set of unique actions and conversions. To do this: (1) On connect – select “Non-aggregatable metrics” and (2) check the “Actions and conversions” and/or "Video metrics" checkbox.
Supported Actions and conversions
- 100% In-View Reach
- Unique Achievements Unlocked
- Cost per Unique Achievement Unlocked
- Unique Mobile App Achievements Unlocked
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Achievement Unlocked
- Unique Adds of Payment Info
- Cost per Unique Add of Payment Info
- Unique Mobile App Adds of Payment Info
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Add of Payment Info
- Unique Adds to Cart
- Cost per Unique Add to Cart
- Unique Mobile App Adds to Cart
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Add to Cart
- Unique Adds to Wishlist
- Cost per Unique Add to Wishlist
- Unique Mobile App Adds to Wishlist
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Add to Wishlist
- Unique App Activations
- Cost per Unique App Activation
- Unique Mobile App Sessions
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Session
- Unique Checkouts Initiated
- Cost per Unique Checkout Initiated
- Unique Mobile App Checkouts Initiated
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Checkout Initiated
- Unique Content Views
- Cost per Unique Content View
- Unique Mobile App Content Views
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Content View
- Unique Credit Spends
- Cost per Unique Credit Spend
- Unique Mobile App Credits Spent
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Credit Spent
- Unique Landing Page Views
- Cost per Unique Landing Page View
- Unique Levels Completed
- Cost per Unique Level Completed
- Unique Mobile App Levels Completed
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Level Completed
- Unique Mobile App D2 Retention
- Cost per Unique Mobile App D2 Retention
- Unique Mobile App D7 Retention
- Cost per Unique Mobile App D7 Retention
- Unique Purchases
- Cost per Unique Purchase
- Unique Mobile App Purchases
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Purchase
- Unique Ratings Submitted
- Cost per Unique Rating Submitted
- Unique Mobile App Ratings Submitted
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Rating Submitted
- Unique Registrations Completed
- Cost per Unique Registration Completed
- Unique Mobile App Registrations Completed
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Registration Completed
- Unique Searches
- Cost per Unique Search
- Unique Mobile App Searches
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Search
- Unique Tutorials Completed
- Cost per Unique Tutorial Completed
- Unique Mobile App Tutorials Completed
- Cost per Unique Mobile App Tutorial Completed
- Unique Link Clicks
- Cost per Unique Link Click
- Unique Clicks (All)
- Cost per Unique Click (All)
- Unique Outbound Clicks
- Cost per Unique Outbound Click
Supported Video metrics
- Unique 2-second continuous video plays
Adding a data source
When connecting a Facebook non-aggregatable source you need to make two decisions:
Available: account, campaign, ad set & ad
Some fields for levels “above” selected level will be included. So, connecting on ad level gets you ID and name for ad set and Campaign, besides ad data.
Available: 1, 7, 14, 30, 90 days, calendar month & lifetime
The time window you select will determine how many days of data each value represents.
If you select lifetime, each value will represent the total up until the date of the data point in question.
If you select calendar month, each value will represent the total from the first of the month up until the date of the data point in question.
Unique actions and conversions
Check this if you want to include unique actions and conversions among your metrics.
If you have opted to include unique actions and conversions you will also need to choose attribution windows.
Available: All breakdowns
Some breakdowns are only available in combination with "Unique Actions and Conversions". You won't be able to select these metrics unless you have opted to include "Unique Actions and Conversions".
Viewing the data in Funnel
In the Funnel Data Explorer, you need to select “Date” and the “ID” dimension for the level you selected in the setup, e.g. Ad ID, Ad Set ID or Campaign ID.
ID or name?
While the name of a Campaign, Ad Set or Ad may be easier to work with, ID has the advantage that it is guaranteed to be unique.
So if you happen to have two Campaigns with the same name and look at your data by Date and Campaign Name only, you won’t see any values for your non-aggregatable metrics.
Therefore we recommend that you include both the ID and name of your Campaigns, Ad Sets or Ads, even if name is the dimension you’re interested in.
I want to see daily frequency of my ads.
Connect a Facebook ads source on Ad level with "1 Day" time window.
In the data explorer, select dimensions "Date", "Ad ID", "Ad Name" and the metric "Frequency (1 Day, Ad)".
I want to see the weekly reach of a specific campaign.
Connect your Facebook ads source on Campaign level and with a "7 Day" time window.
Select dimensions "Date", "Campaign ID", "Campaign Name" "Day of week" (plus any other campaign level dimensions of interest) and the metric "Reach (7 Day, Campaign)".
Filter on "Day of Week" = "Sunday" and "Campaign Name" = <The name of the campaign you’re interested in>
Each row will now show the weekly (the week preceding the date of the row) reach for a campaign.
I want to see the total reach of my ad account.
Connect your Facebook Ads source on account level with a "lifetime" time window.
In the data explorer, select dimension "Date" and metric "Reach (Account, Lifetime)".
Select today's date to see the most recent value.
I want to see unique purchases by campaign and calendar month.
Connect your Facebook Ads source on campaign level with a "calendar month" time window. Check the box "Include Unique Actions and Conversions" and select your attribution settings.
In the data explorer, select dimensions "Date", "Campaign ID", "Campaign Name", "Attribution Window" and the metric "Unique Purchases (Campaign, Calendar Month)".