This article describes the steps you need to take in order to migrate your reports from using our old connector called “500+ Marketing Data Sources” to our new connector called “Funnel”.
A key difference between our two connectors is that the old one used a Token for authentication, and our new one uses OAuth. This means that you need to authenticate with a Funnel user instead of pasting WorkSpace ID and token information when connecting.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to proceed:
Open your broken report in Looker Studio
2. Make a copy of your report
3. Click on the dropdown under “New Data Source” and click on “Create data source”
4. Search for Funnel in the Connector Gallery
5. Authorize Looker Studio for being able to use the Funnel connector, and for Funnel to be able to fetch data. Please note: the person authorizing the new Funnel connection must also be a user in the Funnel workspace they're connecting to.
6. Select the correct workspace. As noted in step #5, the email address as seen in red below, must also be the same email address of a user in the Funnel workspace that you are trying to connect to. If the email address connecting Funnel to Looker Studio is not in the workspace you will be unable to connect.
7. Select the correct data share and click on “CONNECT” at the upper right. If you don’t have a data share you can select “No Data Share, I want all my fields (legacy)” (screenshot below). That option will use all fields from your selected Funnel WorkSpace. (We generally don’t recommend to use the all fields option since this can affect performance of the Looker Studio report, it’s better to create a data share with the specific fields you are interested in using in the report — and at some point we will deprecate this feature).
8. Click on “ADD TO REPORT” in the upper right corner.
9. Click on the “Copy Report” button (you do NOT need to press on the Select a data source dropdown, the new data source has already been created but it’s not shown in the UI).
10. The report should now work. Disclaimer: some widgets might need tweaking.
If you have questions about this or need any help, please don’t hesitate to contact our support via the in-app support function!