In order to connect a new Pardot data source you will need the following:
- A Pardot user that has to be created within Pardot ("Pardot-only user")
- API User Key
In order to create a "Pardot-only user" please follow these steps:
- Login into Pardot at https://pi.pardot.com/. Make sure that the user has "Administrator" rights.
- In Pardot go to Admin > User Management > Users and press "+ Add User"
- Fill in the user details, such as Email (same as username). An email will be sent to the email-address for activating the account and to set a password.
- It is recommended to have a user specifically for using the Pardot API. So the user could be named something like pardot_api@<yourcompanyname>.com. Also make sure that this new user gets the Role "Administrator".
The API User Key can be found in the newly created user details.
When setting up the Pardot data source in Funnel fill in Username, Password and the API User key in the connect dialog.